Monday, March 05, 2007

THE APPLE OF MY EYE


THE APPLE OF MY EYE

Gorgeously wrapped in the white lining as the angels
Pierced by a large ebony adorning circle
Edged above and beneath by sulcus flesh as the Queen
You glow in the morning like the eastern sun
And close up in the night as a crying baby his mouth.

You are the dearest to me of all of me
That with all dexterity I protect you
Not even any other part of me can reach you
I clothe you up in a twinkle of yourself
The huge arms of my lids hugging you tightly.

The most costly soaps can’t clean you
Even its fragrance doesn’t move you
With my tears only do you bathe up yourself
You are refreshed in the fruit of my sorrow
You feel me just like me.

Still will I keep you
Still will I admire you
Still will I protect you
Still will I cry for you
Still will you be the apple of my eye.

By Adeyemi Adeleye

No comments: